zondag 21 februari 2010

Street Art Fan

Confirmed once again. I am a fan of street art.

This week I encountered the 'Little people in the city' from Slinkachu. This London based artist leaves little handpainted people "in the bustling city to fend for themselves, waiting to be discovered." Actually, I did not even meet one in person, but stumbled upon Slinkachu's latest book, in which the little people come alive via his photography. Charming, funny and sometimes even moving images.

Why street art?
I have been an admirer of art in public space for a long time. Why? Because it ads something to daily life, without being in your face. It usually offers an unexpected encounter, that makes me stop and smile or ponder. It takes me out of my daily routine and places what I was doing in a new perspective. I guess that's what I like about it.

Geen opmerkingen: